Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hello.

I'm closing up the mission time pretty soon if you haven't heard...
It's really sad.

I got my travel plans in an email and I'm sure you got my travel plans
also... So if you would like to pick me up sometime that night on
October 1st that'd be alright. If not I've seen enough New Yorkers
wave down a taxi I could probably figure it all out ;)

But hey to look on the extreme positive... I've felt blessed to be
helping the right people, in the right place, and at the right time.
That's definitely something I need to carry on after the mission. Just
simply to be where I'm supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there.

Something I've learned a little about recently is that I don't realize
how involved Heavenly Father is in our lives. Even when it seems to us
like the Holy Ghost isn't prompting us because we aren't having big
noticeable experiences, we are being directed. When you look back in
gratitude(humility) for them you find how much the Spirit has
influenced your thoughts and actions. It is so sweet. When we get
closer and more obedient to the Holy Ghost it really doesn't take a
huge experience for us to go about doing good.

We have been sharing the message in Matthew 11:28-30 often recently.
It's comforting to apply.

So when I offered this old lady to help her carry her groceries she
was super cute and told me that it's helping her build her muscles.
Haha but then she started telling me her life story. It was really
neat. She survived the holocaust. She loves the US because they freed
her concentration camp. She also is very pleased in the opportunity
that America brings. Because everyone has freedom to pursue whatever
they want. Simple rights are taken for granted so often. She had
wanted to become an actor, then when she moved here she was able to be
in some broadway shows. It was super cool to talk to her.

Then that same night I ended up talking to a guy in Spanish for about
an hour. It was a miracle that I was able to understand him at all and
him me.

This week we did a ton of member visits. It has been super fun.
Members here are awesome. Gosh dang it I'm going to miss New York. I
love it. I've been so blessed to serve in this mission. I couldn't
imagine being anywhere else but here with these people I have come to
love. I fear that if I ever meet a New Yorker after the mission they
will feel overwhelmed with how much i talk to them about New York.

Also... As usual... We did quite a bit of office work too... We took
cars places, we went on Brooklyn trips, we were just kinda all over.
Helpin! :)

This truly is the best two years.

Love,
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment