Tuesday, June 3, 2014

 Today at 6:07 AM
So... I'm now in Richmond Hill Queens! Ya buddy!

Despite my kinda joking attitude when I first got here that I have to
walk so much more, that it's super loud, and simply that it's not Long
Island... I am loving it here!

I have really enjoyed this chance I have to be serving almost an extra
chunk of mission right now! My group has now gone home! All of my
buddies in the mission are leaving and it's sad! But it will be
interesting being the oldest missionary in the mission (total time
wise) for the next 4 months... Until I get home... Haha but because
this time is extra in a way I feel like it's a blessing so I have
decided and am already working harder and being less in my comfort
zone then before! Because there's no growth in the comfort zone and no
comfort in the growth zone! I'm hoping to really focus on my
companionship and myself personally improving! I know that when we
focus on lifting ourselves spiritually, we lift others spiritually
also! It brightens up the place! :)

SOOO... People spawn differently than LI here... I'll be completely
honest with that... There are some super cool people like our branch
president... And there are a lot of people you meet in the street that
must've had crazy lives! But it's super fun to hear/learn from them!

So this week I... Had to deal with the rental car... Last few trips
with my half sized car... I was able to fearless a person in English,
Spanish, and creole in the last few days... Taught somebody from
Guyana... talked to a lot of different Spanish cultures... Carried a
cinderblock 13 blocks... Tried to help a lady get her bed out of her
house... didn't work... Ate some great Jamaican food... Brought random
people from the street to our branch BBQ... Played some volleyball
there... In the parking lot... Played some ukelele hymns in some
lessons :) legs got super tired... Slept really well! Got hot... Had a
few "only in New York" moments... Almost walked into the background of
them filming Special Victims Unit of Law and Order... They filmed it
pretty close to our church building which is kinda close to our pad!
Talked to a lot of drunk people... I ride the subway constantly now!
The J and Z train... Hence where JayZ got his name...how neat is that?
That's Pretty Neat... Ate some pretty prime sandwich from a
cornerstore while talking to a pretty cool yet a little (K a lot)
ghetto lady from Brooklyn... Also we have part of Brooklyn and Queens
in our area so I've officially served in Staten Island, Brooklyn,
Queens, and Long Island :) Super cool! Loverly! Been Preached to in
the subway by a Subway preacher! He was actually super good! He was
talking about what it means to be a real Christian by loving each
other. He'll be a great member of the church one day! Found dollar
slice pizza place! We bargained with him to get a sample of the
breakfast pizza if we spread the word! I am pretty happy with the last
week. It was fun and adventurous... Had a scare... Thought there was
an invisible subway train screeching it's breaks right in front of
me... Ended up being a bus from underneath the station... I felt
rediculous looking around going "what the freak is happening?!" I'm
serving in the same district as one of Amy's friends elder L... I'm also super close with elder C. My companion is
a champ! He is good with memory and organization so that is super
nice! Especially when I'm roaming around queens not knowing which way
is up... But my closet is organized and I feel like I'm a lot more
mentally organized then what I was... Hey the sun is getting to me...
I may get a nice farmers and white shirt tan line... Maybe a watch tan
also... Idk... It'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment