Monday, April 28, 2014

So times flying and it's really weird... If I had not gone home for
surgery I would have been going home this next transfer(meaning in 5
weeks)! I don't even know what to think! But I'm blown away!! All my
peeps are leaving and that's sad. Hopefully I can connect more with
the younger generation also :) That way I'm not just lost in time :)

Happy Late Easter! That's better than no happy Easter I guess ;) ha
but my Easter was fabulous :) I went to John and Amy's for dinner and
stayed there for awhile and we had a great time :) Amy cooked an
amazing meal that had like 500 courses... That's what it felt like
anyways! Haha I ate way WAYYYY too much but hey I was just preparing
for the crazy P-day I had yesterday. We went down to Montauk again! We
left at 3:20 am and drove the two hours there and took some nice beach
photos and skipped some rocks, the we had some good ol' Mcdonalds 2
for 3 breakfast sandwiches and drove the two hours back real quick :)
then of course the logical thing to do after something like that was
to not sleep and play rugby for a couple hours... Haha it was fun but
now I'm tired. Probably will be for the rest of my mission... Yay
life!

But I'm given the energy that I need when I'm obedient. I've seen that
over and over again. My life is directed according to my worthiness.
When I am working towards mine and others salvation... I am happy...
When I'm not working (aka reading, praying, improving, changing) I'm
not as happy. Trials don't have to determine our happiness, we do. And
how? "they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the
great Mediator of all men" (2 Nephi 2:27) then "ye should consider on
the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of
God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and
spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received
into heaven" (Mosiah 2:41) ... Hmmm... Sounds nice. It's a blessing
given "by obedience to the laws and ordinances in the Gospel"
(Articles of Faith 3). :) so DO IT! And help others to do it! That's
an invitation to you by Jesus Christ himself and by many many
representatives of Him. :)

Thank you so much for the package!!! I have been LOVING IT! And
hating it because operation fit in pants is partially on hold as I eat
my candies ;) Apparantly Riles is the only one that cares about my
health... You shoulda let him send a banana ;) haha jk :)  thank you! Love you mucho!
Love,
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment